1. SUBSTRATE PREPARATION
– Good cleaning of the existing surface from loose objects, dust, etc. In cases where the substrate is particularly unstable, it is recommended to remove it by jetting. The substrate must be free of surface moisture and stagnating water.
– Positioning of a polyethylene sheet as vapor barrier.
– Thermal insulation of the roof by placing insulation boards.
-Application of non-woven geotextile 100% polypropylene fibers, weight 125gr / m2 DREFON S125 as a separating and protective layer.
– Creation of a casting with cement reinforced construction resin, DOMORESIN SP.
– To compound the substrate to the vertical elements (e.g. parapet, stairwell, etc.), a smoothing gully is made with the mortar repair, DOMOREPAIR R2, or with a cement reinforced by the construction resin, DOMORESIN SP. In the case of limited time limits, the smoothing gully can be made with the quick setting mortar repair, DOMOREPAIR R3.
– If the existing coating on parapets is thin, it is dismantled, cleaned and then restored with the mortar repair, DOMOREPAIR R3 or DOMOREPAIR R4, depending on the requirements and thickness of the restoration.
2. IMPLEMENTATION OF THE WATERPROOFING LAYER DOMOLASTIC (A + B)
– Good wetting of the substrate, but without any water remaining.
– Pour about ¾ of the Component A (liquid) into an empty container. Slowly add Component B (powder). Stir constantly and uninterruptedly with mixer at low speed (300 revs / min) until the mixture is a homogeneous mass without lumps. Then, add the rest of Component A.
– Next, a layer of DOMOLASTIC is added, wide as the reinforcement (polyester cloth 60gr / m2) and while it is still fresh, the armor is encased. The application is continued with the same manner until the whole surface is covered. The armature is positioned in such a way as to offer an overlap of about 10cm.
– After the first layer has dried, another one follows on the whole surface. The second layer is stretched crosswise after the first one has dried. The waterproofing is extended to the vertical elements (parapets, stairs, etc.) at a minimum height of 20cm.
DOMOLASTIC Consumption: 1,2 – 1,6kg / m2 / mm per layer
1. To avoid cracks, the thickness of each DOMOLASTIC layer should not exceed 1mm.
3. COATING OF WATERPROOFING LAYER
The final surface is covered in the following ways:
1.Paste tiles with a flexible tile adhesive DOMOTILE C2.
2.Random application of ceramic tiles, paving, stones, etc. In any case, the use of non-woven geotextile 100% polypropylene fiber is recommended, weight 200gr / m2 DREFON S200, to protect the waterproofing.
1. Temperature during application should be between +5°C and +30°C.
2. The freshly coated surface should be protected from high temperatures, frost and rain.
Watch product’s application video: