1. SUBSTRATE PREPARATION
– Good cleaning of the existing surface from loose objects, dust, etc. In cases where the substrate is particularly unstable, it is recommended to remove it by jetting. The substrate must be free of surface moisture and standing water.
– In cases where the substrate base is satisfactory and there are only defects (e.g. cracks, nests, holes, etc.), the repair is done by the repair mortars DOMOREPAIR R2 or DOMOREPAIR R4, depending on the requirements and the depth of the restoration.
– In cases where the substrate base is not satisfactory, it is recommended to create a reinforced cement mortar with DOMORESIN SP. Also, for optimum adhesion of the cement to the substrate, it is recommended an adhesive layer of DOMORESIN SP (DOMORESIN SP: water: cement = 1: 1: 2-4k.v. DOMORESIN SP or diluted with water in ratio 1: 4.5 n .b.). A screed slope is required to be implemented while the adhesive layer is still fresh.
– To compound the substrate to the vertical elements (e.g. parapet, stairwell, etc.), a smoothing gully is made with the mortar repair DOMOREPAIR R2 or with a cement reinforced by the construction resin DOMORESIN SP. When time limits are limited, the smoothing gully can be made with the quick setting mortar repair DOMOREPAIR R3.
– If the existing coating on parapets is thin, it is dismantled, cleaned and then restored with the mortar repair DOMOREPAIR R3 or DOMOREPAIR R4, depending on the requirements and thickness of the restoration.
2. IMPLEMENTATION OF DOMOLASTIC (A + B) WATERPROOFING LAYER
– Good wetting of the substrate, without water remaining.
– Pour about ¾ of the Component A (liquid) into an empty container. Slowly add Component B (powder). Stir constantly and uninterruptedly with mixer at low speed (300 revs / min) until the mixture is a homogeneous mass without lumps. Then, add the rest of Component A.
– Following, is added a layer of DOMOLASTIC, wide as the reinforcement (polyester cloth 60gr / m2) and while it is still fresh, the armor is encased. The application is continued with the same manner until the whole surface is covered. The armature is positioned in such a way as to offer an overlap of about 10cm.
– After the first layer has dried, follows another one the surface as a whole. The second layer is stretched crosswise after the first one has dried. The waterproofing is extended to the vertical elements (parapets, stairs, etc.) at a minimum height of 20cm.
DOMOLASTIC Consumption: 1,2 – 1,6kg / m2 / mm per layer
1. To avoid cracks, the thickness of each DOMOLASTIC layer should not exceed 1mm.
3. COATING OF THE WATERPROOFING LAYER
The final surface is covered in the following ways:
1. On top of the dry and tight screed surface, a non-woven geotextile 100% polypropylene fibers is coated, weight 200gr/m2 DREFON S200, followed by the deposition of extruded polystyrene plaques, and a re-laying of geotextile and deposition paving slabs or gravel.
2. Alternatively, a free positioning of composite insulating tiles can be done.
1. Temperature during application should be between +5° C and +30° C.
2. The freshly coated surface should be protected from high temperatures, frost and rain.
Watch product’s application video: