1. SUBSTRATE PREPARATION
– Good cleaning of the existing surface from loose objects, dust, etc. In cases where the substrate is particularly unstable, it is recommended the removal by jetting. The substrate must be free of surface moisture and standing water.
– To compound the substrate to the vertical elements (e.g. parapet, stairwell, etc.), a smoothing gully is made with the mortar repair, DOMOREPAIR R2 or with cement reinforced by the construction resin, DOMORESIN SP. When the time limits are limited, the smoothing gully can be made with the quick setting mortar repair, DOMOREPAIR R3.
2. IMPLEMENTATION OF THE WATERPROOFING LAYER
– Dilute DOMOREFLECT 102 with 20% water by weight, and apply the mixture as a primer.
– Once the primer is dry, apply at least two additional layers of DOMOREFLECT 102 unchanged with brush, roller or spray gun (airless). The second and third layers are applied crosswise, each one after the former dried. All DOMOREFLECT 102 layers extend to vertical elements (parapets, stairs, etc.) at a height of about 20cm.
DOMOREFLECT 102 Consumption:
– 0,8 – 1,4kg / m2 for primer and two coatings without the use of arms
– 1,5 – 2,2kg / m2 for primer and three coatings using weapons
Local sealing of isolated cracks
In the case of individual cracks, it is recommended the local application, along the crack, of reinforcement with polyester cloth tape 60gr / m2, width 10cm. In this case and after priming the total surface of the area, a new untouched layer of DOMOREFLECT 102 is applied locally to the crack while the material is still fresh, encapsulating the armature. When dried, at least two additional layers of untouched DOMOREFLECT 102 follow across all the surface of the roof. The third layer is done after the second has dried.
Waterproofing of multiple, severe cracks
If there are many and dense cracks on the substrate, it is recommended that the total surface is reinforced with a polyester fabric 60gr / m2, width 100cm, which is placed under 5 – 10cm overlapping. In this case and after priming, a new untouched layer of DOMOREFLECT 102 is applied and while the material is still fresh, the armature is encapsulated. When dried, at least two additional layers of untouched DOMOREFLECT 102 follow across all the surface of the roof. The third layer is done after the second has dried.
1. The application substrate should be free of surface moisture and stagnating water.
2. The application of DOMOREFLECT 102 should not be done when the weather is humid, to avoid any removal of the fresh layer by a sudden rain.
3. DOMOREFLECT 102, apart its excellent waterproofing, provides as well high reflectivity. In cases where even a higher reflectivity and resistance to weather conditions is required (temperatures from -20°C to +80°C), it is proposed that the last layer is done with DOMOREFLECT ULTRA.
4. In case of particularly loose substrates, it is recommended to prime the surface with the construction resin DOMORESIN SP diluted with water at a ratio of 1:3. The forthcoming application of DOMOREFLECT 102 is required to be done while the construction resin DOMORESIN SP is still fresh (with a special attention given during the summer months).
Watch product’s application video: