1. SUPPORTING ELEMENT OR SUBSTRATE
The substrate must:
– Be smooth, sound, clean and free from debris and irregularities that may cause damage to the layers above.
– Be stable over time.
– Be chemically compatible with the roofing system components.
– Be suitable for mechanical fixing.
2. THERMAL & WATERPROOFING INSULATION PROCESS
– Vapour Barrier
It depends upon the hygrometry of the underlying structures. A vapour retarder may consist of polyethylene film.
– Insulation Element
Application of the insulation boards of extruded polystyrene.
The insulation boards should be fully bonded in order to avoid unabsorbed water and allow the overlaps to be adequately hot air welded.
– Separating Layer
Nonwoven polypropylene fibres geotextile whose weight ranges from minimum 200 g/m2 depending upon the condition of the support.
– Sealing Element
FLAGON SR, synthetic membrane in PVC-P reinforced with a polyester mesh, resistant to tearing under wind stress, resistant to ultraviolet rays, to puncturing, to weathering, and to root growth. It has signal layer and it is heat welded on the sheet overlaps. Mechanical fixing is made by expansion fixing plugs and distribution plates for concrete substrate. The perimeter fixing at the base of the upstand must be performed with FLAG pre-drilled bar in galvanised sheet iron. Insert Flag anti-puncturing joint at the junction between two adjacent bars and hot weld the tear prevention curb FLAGOFIL PVC.
1. Supporting element
2. Vapour Barrier
3. Insulation element
4. Fixing elements
5. Separating layer
6. FLAGON SR Membrane fixing elements
7. Perimeter pre-drilled bar
1. FLAGON SR
2. h50 cm mechanical fixing
3. Separating layer in non-woven felt (non-adhered roof system)