1. SUBSTRATE PREPARATION (WALLS AND FLOOR)
– New Construction
1. Good cleaning of the surface of the walls of any formwork oil, loose objects etc. with water jet.
2. Cleaning of any existing cavities in concrete surface, wetted and puttied with DOMOREPAIR R4 repair mortar or cement reinforced construction resin DOMORESIN SP.
3. Forks and morelos are cut at a depth of about 2 – 3 cm and after being wetted, they get repaired with the mortar repair DOMOREPAIR R4 or with a cement reinforced construction resin DOMORESIN SP.
4. Construction joints stopping the concreting are opened longitudinally in a V form, at a depth of 2 – 3 cm, and after wetting, sealed with the mortar repair DOMOREPAIR R4 or with cement reinforced construction resin DOMORESIN SP.
5. To compound the substrate to the vertical elements (e.g. parapet, stairwell, etc.), a smoothing gully is made with the mortar repair DOMOREPAIR R2 or with a cement reinforced by the construction resin DOMORESIN SP. When time limits are limited, the smoothing gully can be made with the quick setting mortar repair DOMOREPAIR R3.
– Current Construction
6. In the case there is rising damp (water table is above the slab of the basement) there is a partial demolition and repair of loose coatings of the walls (where applicable) with the quick setting mortar repair DOMOREPAIR R3. Moreover, a dismantling of the existing floor covering (tile, laminate, wood floors, marble, etc.) is done until the basement slab is revealed. If cracks, nests, etc. are observed on the surface revealed, a rubbing can be done with DOMORESIN SP and then repaired with the quick setting mortar repair DOMOREAIR R3. In extensive cracks or nests, it is recommended to reinforce the surfaces with fiberglass cloth or fiberglass.
2. IMPLEMENTATION OF THE WATERPROOFING LAYER DOMOLASTIC (A + B)
– Good wetting of the substrate, of the walls and the floor.
– Pour about ¾ of the component A (liquid) into an empty container. Slowly add component B (powder). Stir constantly and uninterruptedly with mixer at low speed (300 revs / min) until the mixture becomes a homogeneous mass without lumps. Then, add the rest of Component A.
– The first layer of DOMOLASTIC follows on the entire surface (walls and floors). While the material is still fresh, a polyester cloth or fiberglass reinforcement is encased as a compound of the substrate with the vertical elements.
– After the drying of the first DOMOLASTIC layer, follows another layer over the entire surface.
CONSUMPTION: 1,2 – 1,6kg / m2 / mm per layer
1. Temperature during application should be at least +5°C.
2. If the water table is above the slab foundation and there is water infiltration in the basement, before startin any waterproofing, there should be a demotion of it below the floor level (external well water pumping) and pumping of the water underground.